Friday, April 27, 2007

Now, Back To Some Good Ol' Ranting : Reality Issues


Life serves us all our share of crap. Some get a larger plate, some get a saucer-full, some get a spoonful. Either way, all of us have to face our walls. Our walls of shit. When we hear about others' walls, we look at our own and ask ourselves, why am I so useless? Others seem to be faced with more than I am but they seem to be doing better than me. What's up with that? Some serious self-esteem issues follow, no doubt.
Why does it seem that some of us have to take blow after excruciating blow from life? If only life were like classes, where we finish one module and move on to the next. No, we have to take everything as it comes. Why?

I'm sure life isn't fair, I'm sure we can only make the best of life as it is and I'm sure I'm usually the one behind people telling them these things as they face their walls of shit but everytime I say that, my heart shatters for them. I may not be the best candidate but I do my best to support those who I've set out to. Having said that, there are times when I just feel like letting go of this silly role I've taken up as it seems so redundant but every other time, they just turn around and smile at me. They show me what I saw in them from the very beginning, the driving force that got me started. Hope.

Call me cheesy, call me stupid, call me redundant. You can't shake me. I'm going to continue doing what I love to do. I'm holding on. Even when you let go. I hope you'll do the same.

4 comments:

joa said...

heh... hmm.. hold on then

Ehaab said...

.My suggestion..buy or borrow this book..
"Shut up, stop whining and get a life" By Larry Winget
NO I am NOT jokng thats the title..and even read it..as i cant stop whining ..and i need to shut the hell up...
This NOT your usual Selfhelp book..u wll be surprised by this one..

Su-Lyn said...

Hope other ppl are supporting you just as much as you are supporting em. :-)

Wayne said...

Well, as much as we'd like to think it is, life isn't fair. There isn't always a reward for a good deed unless you make one for yourself. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside when I see someone I'm helping out flash me a sincere smile. I guess that's all I need.
As unfair as life is, I guess I'm just fighting that imbalance and giving these people what they thought didn't exist anymore :)