Saturday, May 26, 2007

Your Song

Been about quite a lot this week. Every day in fact. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Bah, what's done is done and all I can do now is just look back and smile/frown.

Sometime earlier this week (methinks t'was Monday), Dong approached me and asked me to audition for the BBQ Night Acoustics. He offerred to play the guitar.

Nearly everyday of this week I've been having dinner or at least a meal with JoA before she drops me off (I'm so grateful for that). On Thursday, after classes and some sit-down-and-bullshit sessions, JoA and I had lunch in Champs in Bandar Utama Centerpoint. The noodles she ordered were CRAZY... They were like, a portion for like, 2 and a half people. Restecp! She finished it all up (save for the vegetables and the squid which she offerred to me). I could barely finish up my pork chops (which so wisely came with rice). Afterwards, we went to Sunway Pyramid to go bowling. We invited Loretta & Dong who gladly came. While waiting, we did some window shopping and found out that JoA knew even less than I did when it came to bag shopping (wahahaha). As we walked along, I noticed that something was wrong with JoA. She seemed to be having a fuzzy head. She had to take off her lens. By the time she'd taken off her lens, Dong & Loretta had reached pyramid and were en route to the bowling alley. We met them there and began bowling. It was a sight to see indeed. I'm not a pro-bowler but the 2 of them were hilariously cute when they were bowling. Their antics kept us entertained till about 5-6pm.

After that session of laughs, we went over to a Cendol vendor on the roadside somewhere in Subang near SS15 and got us some. I recieved a phone call for a survey on handphones and I was doing the survey all the way while I watched my Cendol melt in front of me. The bunch beside me were having odd conversations, I couldn't hear them at all. By the time I put down the phone, my Cendol was completely melted. I didn't enjoy that. It wasn't good anyway. While I was holding it, the sugar was dripping and had gotten onto my fingers. Damn, that was disgusting, it dried up and got sticky and.... urgh!

Having "refreshed" ourselves at the Cendol stall, we went over to Dong's place to begin the jamming session. Jamming is just SO fun. For the first jamming session, I'd say it went quite well (but I need to memorize lyrics). Loretta was more than happy to jam along. He did wonders to the songs. We're still trying to coax him into auditioning with us but the fellow is still shy and reserved. He needs to see how essential it would be for him to join us. Another guitarist and vocalist can do lots better than what only Dong and I would be able to pull off.

The songs which we were initially thinking of playing were Jason Mraz - I'm Yours, Howie Day - Collide, John Mayer - Your Body is a Wonderland and Ryan Cabrera - True. We found out that most auditioners only played 2 songs. Within the 2 days, we decided that we'd still play I'm Yours (your song :D) and we somehow came up with a little ensemble of 3 songs: Jay Chou - Qing Tian, Joan Osbourne - (What if God was) One of Us & Peterpan - Mimpi Yang Sempurna. It's a little rickety because it was an impromptu make-up song but it can be done and according to JoA's ears (the genius herself), it sounded good. Well, I guess that makes up the second song which we're playing for the audition then.

After jamming on Friday night, JoA dropped off Loretta and then beat me up with a yellow (think Sin City) pillow at the traffic light before dropping me off.

What ensued after she dropped me off was emotional. I will stop at that. There was this wierd guy who came up to me in the train as I was closing my eyes and just "emo-ing" and asked me what station I was getting off at. I wasn't the nicest person to him. I just stared at him.

3 comments:

Ehaab said...

hey how are ya man...good to see that u are having a good time..and having someone to drop u as usual...;)

Wayne said...

Haha,

I'm dead grateful to JoA for dropping me off and picking me up like a chaffeur. Sheesh, need to find a way to repay her.

Well, I'm having good times but also I'm still on that graph we talked about. ;)

Munn said...

i can't wait to see you guys sing... *hehhe*