Thursday, May 10, 2007

Welcome to Klang.

Yesterday, JoA came down to Klang and met up with The Fuz and myself. After she reached Klang, she gave me a call (which woke me up after I completely missed the first one) and asked me how to get to my place. The funny thing was that we had a little breakdown of communications and I - having just woken up - wasn't fully functioning yet. She got lost in the process (haha). After a few more directions and a U-turn, we discovered that she'd actually gone the right way and had actually overshot my place (haha again). After finally picking me up and getting to The Fuz's place, we went off to eat some Bah Kut Teh.

After the meal, we took JoA to do what she'd come down for: her guitar. The shop-owner was a friend of Fuzzy's and she was very hospitable and verbose. After JoA had chosen her guitar, we went hunting for JoA's bed-frame. We went around to a few shops till we finally decided that we could look into Courts Mammoth. On reaching the Mammoth, we spotted a furniture shop beside it and decided to compare prices and look for the best deal (what any other logical shopper would do when presented with more than one shop selling the same thing). After walking to both shops twice, JoA chose her bed and got a matress with it. After this, we went for some "sweet soup" ("Tong Sui") called "Aeroplane" ("Be Gi") or also known as Len Chee Kang. Haha, apparrently Fuzzy never had it before either. Well, I'm glad they liked it. After that, we were dropped home and thus ended a short yet fun-filled day.

The night wasn't near as entertaining as the day. Last night we were meant to sign up online for tutorials for our Social Psychology class at 9pm. We (Fuzzy, JoA & Myself) were there waiting at 8.45pm and just waiting for the time to sign up. When the clock struck 9, the expected happenned, the server crashed. There were what, 70+ people logged on and probably another 20-30 trying to get onto the site and it crashed? What a pathetic server. to make things worse, the geniuses up in the department decided to bind the tutorials for Social Psychology and Human Personality classes which made students who were doing only one of the two subjects non-eligible to sign up online and had to do so manually the next day in college. Such stunning efficiency, such sparkling logic... I was so irritated by this. Irritated by their insolence. I cooled off as fast as I'd gotten peeved. Besides, getting all aggro wouldn't make the server come back to life and magically make the tutorial sign up upload through all those 100+ students hacking away at the Refresh button. JoA and I decided that we'd sign up online first anyway, just so that we could reserve our slots in that tutorial. I just lay back and waited it out. Others really didn't take this well and I don't blame them. The server got back up at about 11-ish? That's like, an hour or two after the stated time. Sure the site died on the server but don't you think that if a server can't even support less than 150 users, it should be deleted and spoken bad about for the next decade or two?

Oh well, enough about that. Now, onto today. This morning, I dragged myself out of my bed at 6.25am, 35 minutes after the initial alarm went off. I just HAD to watch 3 episodes of Prison Break before i went to sleep (haha). I got myself ready and then headed out towards The Fuz's place. Sent him a message saying I was on my way. I didn't get a reply. I thought he just didn't feel the need to reply. I reached his house and stood outside and sent him another message telling him that I was at his gate. After waiting for about half an hour, I called him. He didn't pick up. I thought he was in the shower. I gave him 15 minutes and called again. He was asleep. After dragging him out of bed, we set out to the train station. We were headed to Subang today. We were going to rendezvous with JoA and from there we'd go on to college to settle the issue of our tutorials (read about it under Yesterday). We went up and discussed things with Jue Ying, an admin in the CFP (Center for Psychology) who set things right. I helped Stef sign up as well but sadly, Fuzzy couldn't make it into the same tutorial group as JoA, Stef and Me. Bummer. After that had been done, we went over to Lan's Corner to have breakfast (yes this was all done before 9.30am).

The horror, I ordered a cheese thosai (Fuzzy said it was good) which ended up not having a single ounce of cheese in it! The horror!!!! I will never order thosai (with the exception of thosai masala) ever again!

After the not-so-good breakfast, we were off, to Low Yatt Plaza. The Fuz needed to get his router checked, buy DVDs and get some speakers; JoA was out to find herself a pair of earphones, get her modem replaced and on the way, she got herself an FM modulator (something which allows you to transmit music/radiowaves to radios OR in English it means that she can play mp3s in her car with a pendrive); and myself, I was out to get a set of speakers for my babe Celeste (yes, I'm a geek who names his beloved possessions).

After walking about Low Yatt for a couple of hours looking into and comparing prices, we eventually got our stuff and then, headed towards Midvalley Megamall to meet with Sue Jern to spend our MPH vouchers which we won last semester during the Colloquium for our Ergonomics project. I just walked around the bookstore staring into books which caught my eye without the slightest intent to buy because I wasn't crazy over buying any books. As it is I have quite a few at home which I hadn't finished reading yet. Besides, I'd already promised my share of the voucher to JoA earlier on.

I wandered around some and then wandered somemore and then a bit more till I noticed I had lost JoA and I didn't see her at all through all of the 4-5 rounds I'd made through the bookstore. Initially I was looking for her to let her know that Sue Jern had finished choosing what she wanted and was waiting for us to get done. JoA's absence didn't really strike me at first since she enjoyed reading a lot, I thought that she'd probably wandered off somewhere I missed. I finally decided to call her because Sue Jern was just standing around and I felt that she was getting a little impatient. JoA didn't pick up. I began to worry right about then. She wasn't in the store and she wasn't picking up and didn't let anyone know where she was. I was worried. I made one more round of the store. Still no JoA. Called her again, she still didn't pick up. Just as I was about to call her again, she popped out from behind a book rack. Relief! She'd been on the phone and I guess she had her call waiting function on which explained why I could still call her. Well, we payed up and Sue Jern had to leave. JoA finished up her phone call and we decided that we would go to Klang again to eat. We did, we went over to Port Klang and went to this old school Chinese tea shop which served Western food (Coolness)! After that, we went to our homes again.

These two days have been really fun as this is probably one of the few times my friends from KL or anywhere else have come down to Klang (what's more twice in two days). Well, I guess this is just lots of fun which I hope will make getting through this semester easier.

3 comments:

joa said...

i may be oh-so-damned.. but not that damned to get kidnap or anything in the bookstore k.... hahaha

Wayne said...

That's what many people have said and some live to regret that while others....

Anyhoo, all I can say was that you had me worried. So yeah.

joa said...

hey.. i was in the bookstore looking at beautiful books the WHoLE time k.. you were just too blind to notice me.. ^^ or were u distracted by something??? hahaha