Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Bowling: Singing Fingers & A Sore Butt

Monday. College. The new semester really took off today. My two other classes began today as well, which leaves me with a full week of classes. This short semeseter will get the best of me before I even know it. I have a lot of work to do, lots of studying to study and a body-clock to knock into shape (yeah right, fat-chance if you ask me).

I will not talk about classes unless I find it necessary to do so and I'm sure sooner or later the day will come when you will be able to make a course outline from all the details I give you about my school-work but until then, I shall avoid it till (as I've said) necessary.

Well, let's see where do I begin, ah yes, the morning. When I woke up to my irritating alarm. I snoozed it a bit too much and that got me out of bed at like, 5.30am. A restless night. I lay in bed from 2.30 till past 4 just trying to go to bed but my head wouldn't shut up (I know that's freaky, but yeah.). Thoughts just kept racing through my head, ethics of all things. Ethics!!
So yeah, I got up late and in a flurry, I had to leave the house after getting ready. I stood like an idiot being stood up there for about half an hour waiting for the retarded bus to come along so I could go and reload my phone so I could wake The Fuz up. By the time I'd done that, it was already too late to make the time we agreed on to meet JoA at the train station in Subang. She called and in her morning grace, decided that she would wait for us. We made it. Late of course, we can't really be naive enough to believe that the Malaysian public transport system. JoA gave me directions which managed to confuse the sleep-deprived Wayne. The Fuz & I ended up jay-walking to the other side of the main road only to recieve a call later from JoA further confusing the sleep-deprived Wayne and causing me to think that we needed to jay-walk back across the street. On reaching the intended rendezvous point, there was no sign of JoA or Daniel (her car). Then, I recieved a phone call and turned around to see a frantically waving figure of a girl on the other side of the well-trafficked road. The figure seemed to be on the phone screaming "Look over here, on the other side, I'm over here!". So we jay-walked once again, towards the car and yeah, that was the story of how I got from Klang to college today.

Between classes today, we went to check our results for last semester's examinations [insert suspense music here]. JoA, Stef & yours truly went over to the library to do this. On seeing my results, I was relieved and almost was about to say "yippee!" (no, I didn't do exceptionally well. I just got better grades than I thought I would) when JoA told me what she got and when I noticed how down she'd gotten. I immediately suppressed my "yippee!" and only made it known that I was relieved. I decided to try to cheer JoA up a bit, I decided to test myself while I was at it and challenged her to a few games of bowling after my class ended. In the meantime, she also kindly agreed to wait my class out by sitting in on it with me for my first class of Public Speaking (which was boring). I also managed to convince her to join in to help out with some ceremony which ARCCADE was holding on Saturday (yay).

After class, we headed to Midvalley megamall to hit the pins. Once we left college, it started raining cats and dogs. We could hardly see but we managed to reach megamall in 3 pieces (her, Daniel & Moi). We went bowling. It was embarassing. I used to play every week in the school bowling society back in the day. I was a decent player. That is no longer the case it seems. JoA ended up teaching me how to play. It was embarrassing no doubt but hey, we had fun. I was just glad to see her laughing again (so sue me). After the 2 games of being thrashed by JoA, her knee ached and we were going to meet up with The Fuz, Carment, Joel & Pearly for food. After seeing them, leaving my bag behind, losing them, wandering around and finally calling and finding them, we sat down to have a good and well-deserved stare at Carment and Pearly enjoy their Asam Laksa (food). Afterwards, we went to the food court where JoA & The Fuz had somemore food while the others and myself had dessert (I made one round of the food court and nothing caught my eye).

Soon, JoA had to go so she went. The rest of us wandered around a bit more (we seem to enjoy doing that) and then Carment & Pearly decided they should head home. After they did that, we thought we'd follow suit but on getting into Joel's car, he said 2 letters which sort of woke me up "CS". We headed over to Damansara Jaya and played some CS till about 11 something and then headed home.

It's been a day indeed. My right thumb, index & middle fingers were singing after bowling and my butt hurts. I had fun. I enjoyed myself. I hope everyone else did as well. Well now, I should make preparations for tomorrow. I don't want to snooze my alarm again in the morning (I hope not, Haha).

No comments: