Saturday, June 16, 2007

What you will never know.

You look, but you don't see me.
I see you clear as day.
Day by day.
I watch you as you smile, how your eyes smile.
I watch my heart in your pocket. I watch it melt,
I watch it shatter and break.

You listen, but you don't hear me.
I hear you all about.
When you're near.
I hear you laugh, how your voice lifts me.
I listen to you as you speak, I listen silently.
I listen to my mind speak your name, over and over.
I am driving myself mad.

Pass by me. Walk through me. But never with me.
I reach out to you. I never make it.
I can never make it. You are too far. Too far.
I must let you go. I need to forget you.
You must never know. This pain I face,
Must always be my own. You do not deserve this.
Only I do. I let myself fall so hard.

I'm turning my back on you.
You will never know.
I will never know what it would be like,
To gaze into your eyes looking into mine.
To hold you. To play with your hair. To be yours.
I will never know. You must never know. I must let go.
At the very least, I must keep my pain to myself and only myself.

For those who understand this, comment but please do not ask questions. As for those who don't understand, just leave it be. The nature of the topic is such. Apologies.

No comments: