Friday, June 01, 2007

Today's Roadtrip

Was woken up the funny way by my aunt again (how she does it everytime my uncle - her brother-in-law comes to give me a ride to the train station). My trusty Mp4 player did not fail me. The song of the moment was a Chinese song. In fact the song was sung in Taiwanese Hokkien, not very very different from the Hokkien I speak but I can understand and even sing along. After being picked up by JoA, we went to buy fuses for her FM Modulator thingy which has been out of order for about more than a week or two. She suspected that it was the fuse (and she just might be right) which was burnt and preventing the machine to work. Even after buying and installing the new fuse, it still didn't work. I guess she needs to go back to Low Yatt to get it replaced.

After that little bit of fuse-purchase, we headed for UKM in Bangi. We needed to look for a journal article which was written by some Rozli B. Ismail. When we got there, JoA & i discovered that to use the Library in UKm for 1 day and it cost 20 bucks person. JoA decided she wanted to go in. The great news is that we 've found the library and we have a copy of the journal which we really needed now. The downside to that would be the fact that the journal was in Bahasa Melayu. The only interesting thing was that when JoA spoke to one of the ladies in the library, she was criticized for waearing baby-tee and was told that she was being too revealing (heh).

After we'd gotten what we'd wanted from the place, we left it. Looking now for food. We looked around Bangi but couldn't find a decent chinese hawker stall around. We moved onto Cheras and KL. In the end, we missed one turn along the Federal Highway which resulted in JoA having to go in one big circle to get to Taman Sea so we could have our chinese food (hah). After the meal, we picked up Dong and went for another drink. We then went to a cybercafe where we played Tower Defence (I really don't know how to play) and got my tail-whipped by Dong. After a game or two, Loretta had come into Subang again and was ready to roll. We went back to Dong's place and began jamming again.

As stated before, we've been jamming since last week. I've been having loads of fun and also been getting stressed by not being able to sing. I can't remember lyrics, my timing is off, I can't hit and sustain keys for times long enough for songs to sound good.
We've done some recordings and JoA seems to enjoy secretly recording our conversations. Some of the conversations we have while we jam can be quite amusing.

Today we tried to further improve our songs and we did, by a bit. Last night I discovered that the BBQ night (which we are preparing to audition & perform for) was not some time in July but it was on the 14th of June which would make it happenning withing 2 weeks' time. I'm glad we've got an audition on Wednesday after classes. I really hope we make the audition. I'm nervous but I am also eager to perform that night in front of my friends. I might like the experience.

6 comments:

joa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
joa said...

...... at least i take good secret recordings.. haha.. mthe bbq is so soon eh?? LOL.. i didnt know that.. ^^.. anyway... i finished my bloody assignment.. haha.. and my bloody baby t was nore reveaiing.. it has a round neck collar for goodness sake.. -_-.. how revealing can that get -_-"""""" and goodness.. u blogged bout today's happenings before me.. haha.. that's a first

Wayne said...

Ha, That's cos you blogged at 5.44am hahaha.

joa said...

i didnt blog.. i wrote a line.. aha

Wayne said...

The last time I checked, writing in your blog is considered blogging? :P

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!