Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Fire?

I'm not one to do multiple posts in one sitting (as it is I don't blog as often) but this really calls for a second post. As I was blogging the previous post, I noticed voices from my window (which faces the palm oil plantation behind my humble abode) and so I peered out the window. To my surprise, I noticed the stupid expatriate workers burning their garbage again but the flames were quite large this time. There were neighbours making noise about the burning (took them long enough to notice). I watched the flames grow higher. Soon, the fire got out of control and the top branches of the tree were aflame. The fire began to spread. Noticing the impending danger, I quickly rushed downstairs and dashed out front to grab the long hose. After dropping it off at the backyard, I called the fire department. When asked for my location, I remembered that I couldn't remember my house address to save my life. I rushed outside and got a neighbour to call in (the funniness). When I'd gotten the hose ready, one of the neighbours quickly took charge of it and began a futile attempt to douse the flames with our single, pathetic jet of water. After trying for about 15 minutes, the firetruck arrived. My street is such that there is no clear road which leads round back (tsk tsk). The only way it seemed for the firefighters to reach the fire was through my house! I let them in, opened the gates and led them around the side of the house and through the back door. They began their work on the fire and soon, they'd doused the flames. The whole incident took about an hour and more to settle. While they were fighting the flames, others were ravaging the slum houses nearby the factory where the scumbags who started the fire supposedly lived. They'd made a run for it. No one was in sight. The scoundrels! The police and the other departments will be hearing of this one. I have 2 photos but I'll update them later.

Ha. Herofish somemore.

4 comments:

WIST said...

oh the horror! dont you hate it when things like these happen and you can do anything about them expats. growl! thank god all has ended well.

WIST said...

cant do* sorry. typo typo ;)

Wayne said...

Hahaha, I'm contemplating calling a department on them...

Jeff Yeoh said...

go ahead... damned so called expats! bleurghh...