Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The weekend that was a dream (almost)

Ah, holidays it seems. Yeah right...

I volunteered to become a mentor in the Mentorship Malaysia Program under ARCCADE and right now (and even when I first signed up), I'm pretty sure I'm going to be on that shortlisted short list (it's a bitter-sweet thing). (*Poof*, my holidays go up in smoke.)

Went for training today. I woke up and hurried to college for the training session which was to begin at 9am. Lethargy. The only thing which consoled me about dragging my carcass out of bed that early on a holiday was a message from you.
Training was quite entertaining as I was put into a group with an animated character (Kok Wui) and I sure hope that we (my team) get along well and do a good job.
I forgot to smoke this morning (gah!). That probably was one of the causes of the lethargy and almost lackadaisically for the whole day. There are other reasons though. Anyway, the training was tiring, entertaining yet a drag.

Now, onto what was on the plus side (and yet on the minus as well). Last weekend was probably one of the most amazing ones I've had since 1986. The only other time I'd felt like I was in a fairytale or storybook was when I wasn't sober. I never knew anything quite like that. I never thought that could happen to me. I never knew. I never knew that the song could exist in such beauty and encompass such a sweet train of memories. Till you.
Sure the Sunday was a kink downwards but I'm here. I'm ready to provide what I can. You can get through this.
The human creature is one that makes mistakes. We learn from them, we learn.

Time is not our luxury yet so treasure it we must. Time will come around, patience will pay off, what we are will endure. I'm waiting.

You doomed thief, damned robber...

2 comments:

waynshaun said...

how can u forget to smoke? O.o

Wayne said...

Well... I got up late again xD