Sunday, July 01, 2007

Robots In The Sky

Today has been quite a dramatic day for me indeed. Woke up feeling like someone stuck a wooden stake into my left shoulder blade. Was going to meet Stef in college to study for exams next week. I finished up the project proposal's executive summary, printed and handed it up by about 2pm and not long after, left college to look for the office where I was going to have an interview for an internship. The lady over the phone couldn't even provide me with proper directions which led me to driving around the whole of Petaling Jaya's section 14 quite a number of times. I was almost being driven up the wall by lousy drivers and people who didn't know how to park their cars decently. Malaysian driving isn't something for the person with a bad temper nor is it for those of faint heart. I finally found the office I was supposed to go to and only realized that it was a job I dreaded. The lady there, Daphne, wanted to hire me as a full time sales rep. No, I didn't want to be a sales rep. I wanted a marketing or copywriting internship. Not become a peddler. After about 40 minutes (or was it an hour?) of faking interest, I finally found a way to tell Daphne I would get back to her. I felt pathetic. I was again cursing my way through traffic as I drove us towards Cineleisure because we were to watch Transformers with Loretta, Dong (yay, can call him that again) and Steph A.

We reached Cineleisure ahead of time (for the movie). Poor JoA was starving. So was I. After walking about looking for a proper, light meal, we finally decided on Kenny Rodgers. With some soup and some peaceful conversation, I soon began to cool off a little. Soon, the others joined us and before we knew it, we were headed towards the cinema. I'd left my wallet in the car so I walked off to the car park to grab it before someone smashed a window to grab my very fat but relatively empty wallet. During the walk to the car, my gut began to ache. It wasn't a toilet emergency, it was pain in it's purest form. I was wondering if it was appendicitis but I doubted it. Making my way to the cinemas, I found the bunch of them congregated at the waiting area of the cinema and soon we were seated in our spots, waiting for the movie to begin. I was in pain throughout the entire movie. The screaming pain in my gut wouldn't let up. Must've been gas or something.

Transformers was AWESOME! It's been a long long time since I've been able to come out of a movie cursing at how brilliant it was. I was never a fan of yellow but after Bumblebee, I'm beginning to like the colour a bit. Just a bit. In the past, I was like every other kid who watched transformers and adored Optimus Prime. After watching that movie, my favourite character is DEFINITELY Bumblebee! That cheeky sense of humour and choice of music he has is so lovable!! All you Transformer fans out there, this one is definitely a must-watch. No kidding. I agree Spiderman and X-Men were horrible but this is definitely something which will impress your pants off. Personally, I felt that the cars in that movie were more impressive than what you'd see in 2Fast2Furious (didn't watch Tokyo Drift).

After the awesome movie, we decided to go to William's for dinner. I was still in pain but I guess the walking helped calm my guts down a little. It still hurt but it wasn't as bad as it was during the movie. Ivy joined us for dinner. A pleasant surprise. Dinner was good. Not too filling since we all shared food. After dinner, we chilled out a little then I had to go.

That was basically my Friday. It started off a little bumpy but the movie was so brilliant that it turned the day around for the better (yes, it was that good).

NB - Bear. It will all work itself out somehow. Have a little faith. Wish I was there. But I'm still here. Always.

4 comments:

joa said...

ish.. u were in that much pain eh..*poke poke*

Wayne said...

Got la ^^.

Anonymous said...

I think that was the world's first freestyle/beatbox attempt. I like the sideburns.

Wayne said...

LMAO, I think it's called an accapella. :P